Star Gift Card Exchange
• These terms and conditions set the ground rules by which we at Star Gift Card Exchange do
business. They describe what you, as the customer, can expect from us and what we expect from
you. It may seem like a lot of rules but they serve a very important purpose – they are our promise to
• One of our guiding principles is to say what we’ll do and do what we say. We want our
customers to have piece of mind when working with us. After all, we enter into a contract with each
other each time we conduct a transaction. We need to be sure that all parties understand each
other’s roles and abide by the rules.
• We are committed to making your shopping with us a safe, pleasant, and fun experience so
that you’ll come back again and again and recommend us to all your friends and family.
• These terms and conditions will change over time as our business changes. Changes
become effective at the time they are posted on this page. The last update date will be updated to
reflect a change has been made.
• You must be 18 or older to buy/sell/trade gift cards
• If you are between 13 and 18 you are welcome to visit our site under parental supervision
• Anyone younger that 13 is not allowed to visit this site
Buying cards from Star Gift Card Exchange
• Star Gift Card Exchange sells discount gift cards which we own. We do not allow customers to
sell gift cards to each other.
• Star Gift Card Exchange will not complete a card sale without a valid sale authorization number
which must be obtained from Star Gift Card Exchange prior to sending payment to Star Gift Card
Exchange. Star Gift Card Exchange may deny the sale to a customer without a sale authorization
number should a dispute arise with another customer who obtains a sale authorization number for
the same gift card.
• Star Gift Card Exchange accepts the following forms of payment: personal check, business
check, money order, or certified check.
• Star Gift Card Exchange will inform the customer how to make out their check when the
customer receives their sale authorization number.
• Star Gift Card Exchange expects a customer to mail their check within 2 calendar days of
receiving the sale authorization number. The card will be marked “sold” on the For Sale list for 7
business days from the time a sale authorization number is issued. If Star Gift Card Exchange does
not receive payment during this time period, the sale authorization will be cancelled and the gift card
will be marked available for others to purchase.
• Star Gift Card Exchange will ship the gift card(s) to the customer once the check clears
(approximately 3 business days).
• In case of a bounced check, Star Gift Card Exchange will give the customer a chance to resolve
the payment issue and re-issue payment. If the payment issue cannot be resolved, the sale
authorization will be cancelled and the gift card will be marked available for others to purchase.
• A card marked as “sold” or “reserved” on the “For Sale” list is not available for purchase.
• Star Gift Card Exchange guarantees the gift card balance at the time the card is shipped to the
• If a customer does not see a card they wish to purchase, they can let us know what stores they’
re interested in and we’ll contact them when a matching card is available on our For Sale list. The
customer can fill out this form and we will keep it on file for 90 days. After 90 days we will contact the
customer to ask if they wish to keep their watch list active. The watch list will be kept private and will
not be published on the website.
Selling cards to Star Gift Card Exchange
• Star Gift Card Exchange buys gift cards from customers at a discount to their current balance
• Star Gift Card Exchange buys cards that have not been previously used
• We buy cards that have an intact patch over the PIN number on the back of the card
• Star Gift Card Exchange buys cards that have not been damaged
• Star Gift Card Exchange buys cards that appear on our Selected Merchant list
• Star Gift Card Exchange buys cards with balances between $25 and $500
• Star Gift Card Exchange buys cards that do not expire in the next 18 months
• Star Gift Card Exchange buys cards that were purchased at least 10 days ago
• Star Gift Card Exchange limits our purchases to 2 cards from the same customer per week
• Star Gift Card Exchange only buys cards in the United States and in US dollars
• Star Gift Card Exchange requires the seller to provide Star Gift Card Exchange with the card
number for balance verification prior to Star Gift Card Exchange making the decision to purchase the
• Star Gift Card Exchange will not complete a card purchase without a valid purchase
authorization number which must be obtained from Star Gift Card Exchange prior to sending the
card to Star Gift Card Exchange. Star Gift Card Exchange may return the card back to the customer
at the customer’s expense if the card is sent to Star Gift Card Exchange without a valid purchase
• Star Gift Card Exchange will issue a payment to the seller in the form of a check within 72 hours
of receiving the gift card and verification of balance.
• All sales are final unless the gift card is not usable (see money-back guarantee) so customers
should take care to only buy cards they plan to use.
• The seller is responsible for the cost of shipping their cards to Star Gift Card Exchange.
• Once a card is sold to Star Gift Card Exchange the seller agrees to not access or tamper with
the sold card in any manner, including checking its balance, spending it even though the card is no
longer in their possession, or attempting to claim it as lost or damaged to the merchant displayed
on the card. Such actions will be reported to law enforcement as fraudulent activities.
• Star Gift Card Exchange may limit our buying of cards depending on supply and demand.
Trading cards with others
• Star Gift Card Exchange acts as the proxy between trading partners.
• When trading cards individuals ship their cards to Star Gift Card Exchange and Star Gift Card
Exchange cross-ships them to complete the transaction.
• Star Gift Card Exchange does not provide names or addresses of the trading partners allowing
traders to remain anonymous to each other.
• A card marked as “Reserved” on the “For Trade” list is not available for trade.
• Once a customer lists their gift card for trade they make a commitment to complete that trade if
a trading partner is found within the next 30 days and pay the associated trade fee to Star Gift Card
• Once a customer commits to enter into a trade they must complete that trade.
• A customer who backs out of a trade will not be allowed to perform other trades for 60 days.
• If a trade partner is not found within 30 days of listing a card, the customer has the option of
taking their card off the For Trade list or renewing their listing for another 30 days free of charge. Star
Gift Card Exchange will contact the customer on day 30 and ask whether they wish to renew their
listing via e-mail. If no response is received within 5 calendar days, the card will be taken off the For
• Star Gift Card Exchange will not complete a card trade without a valid trade authorization
number which must be obtained from Star Gift Card Exchange by both trading partners prior to
sending the card to Star Gift Card Exchange. Star Gift Card Exchange may return the card back to
the customer at the customer’s expense if the card is sent to Star Gift Card Exchange without a valid
trade authorization number.
• Trade: a card can be listed for 30-days free of charge. Star Gift Card Exchange charges a $4
fee per card from each of the trading parties to close a trade. See Shipping terms.
• Sale: There is no transaction or handling fee for selling a card to Star Gift Card Exchange. Star
Gift Card Exchange pays a percentage of the card’s available balance as described on Select
Merchants page. See Shipping terms.
• Purchase: There is no transaction or handling fee for buying a card from Star Gift Card
Exchange. The customer only pays the sale price of the card as listed on the For Sale page. See
• Star Gift Card Exchange reserves the right to adjust the price points at which we purchase and
sell gift cards. The market supply and demand will determine Star Gift Card Exchange prices.
However, once Star Gift Card Exchange quotes a sale or purchase price for a specific gift card we
commit to sell it or buy it for that amount respectively.
• Star Gift Card Exchange is responsible for the shipping costs when sending a gift card to a
customer (applies to trading and when a card is purchased by a customer).
• The customer is responsible for shipping costs when sending a gift card to Star Gift Card
Exchange (applies during selling and trading).
• Cards that must be returned to a customer in cases where the customer does not follow these
terms and conditions will be shipped COD at the customer’s expense.
• Star Gift Card Exchange recommends shipping cards via 1st class mail with insurance and/or
tracking. Star Gift Card Exchange uses the same method of shipment.
• Star Gift Card Exchange is not responsible for cards lost or damaged during shipping.
• Star Gift Card Exchange requires customers to provide valid name and address information so
that Star Gift Card Exchange can ship the cards to their proper locations.
Accuracy and Errors
• Star Gift Card Exchange realizes that from time to time we may make a mistake. Whether it’s
something that is published in error on our web site or an issue that arises during a transaction, our
intent is to work it out. If you find that something doesn’t seem right in your dealing with us, please
bring it our attention as soon as possible. Visit the Contact Us page to notify us of any issues. We
are a growing business and we can use all the help we can get to make the customer experience
Limit of Liability
• We at Star Gift Card Exchange are responsible for our mistakes or negligence. Star Gift Card
Exchange will not be held liable for mistakes or negligence of others including all users of Star Gift
Card Exchange website. Star Gift Card Exchange will also not be held liable for any
events/damages outside and beyond the specific services offered on our web site – specifically the
buying, selling, and trading of gift cards.
• You agree to indemnify and hold Star Gift Card Exchange and its subsidiaries, affiliates,
officers, agents, employees, partners and licensors harmless from any claim or demand, including
reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of transactions conducted
on Star Gift Card Exchange, your connection to the Star Gift Card Exchange site, your violation of the
TAC, or your violation of any rights of another.
• In the course of doing business, Star Gift Card Exchange may collect the following information
from our customers and trading partners: name, address, phone number, e-mail. We need this
information to contact our customers.
• Star Gift Card Exchange will keep your personal information private and not share it with any
• When you trade a gift card Star Gift Card Exchange will act as the proxy so that the other trading
party does not receive your contact information.
• Star Gift Card Exchange will not disclose to anyone what gift cards you may be buying, selling,
• Star Gift Card Exchange also collects standard web reporting statistics to better understand
how customers find us on the Internet. These reports do not tell us which individual visits our
website but in aggregate how many visitors we have, which pages they view, and how long they stay.
To enable this functionality, a cookie may be placed on the customer’s computer.
• Currently our website does not require visitors to create an on-line user account but we are
working on this functionality.
• If at some point in the future these policies change, Star Gift Card Exchange will post a notice
on this website and will not share any information we may have collected up to that point in time.
• At this time Star Gift Card Exchange handles all monetary transactions off-line (by mail).
• Any billing information Star Gift Card Exchange collects from our customers and trading
partners remains secure in our office
• Forms submitted on our website are delivered directly to our company without being sent over
the public Internet
• Star Gift Card Exchange guarantees the gift card to have the stated balance at the time a
customer buys a card from us or trades a card with another customer. During a trade Star Gift Card
Exchange verifies the card balance before shipping the card to the trading partners.
• Should a card’s actual balance be less than stated by Star Gift Card Exchange at the time of
sale or trade, Star Gift Card Exchange will cover the difference up to $200 (less a $10 deductible).
See Disputes / Claims.
Disputes / Claims
• If you receive a card from Star Gift Card Exchange and the balance does not match the quoted
balance at the time of purchase or trade you may wish to file a dispute or claim here.
• Disputes should be brought to our attention as quickly as possible. We must limit money-back
claims to 30 days from the date of card purchase or trade. All other claims should be reported no
later than 90 days from time of occurrence.
• We will make all reasonable attempts to resolve all issues. It is our intent to make Star Gift
Card Exchange a safe and pleasant place to exchange gift cards.
• Star Gift Card Exchange may provide you with notices, including those regarding changes to
the Terms and Conditions, by e-mail, regular mail or postings on the stargiftcardexchange.com
• Please report any violations of these Terms and Conditions to Customer Service.
Terms and Conditions
© Copyright 2012. Stargiftcardexchange.com All Rights Reserved.